My short story, “The Ladder-Back Chair,” which was published in the April-June print edition of Mythic Delirium, is now available online.
I’m especially pleased because it is appearing alongside a wonderful poem called “Grave Robber” by Jane Yolen. I had the honor of sitting next to her during the author autographing session at last month’s Nebula Conference in Pittsburgh, where she was Grand Master; she’s not only a great writer, but a lovely person.
The June online edition also features a poem “bn ʾdnbʿl bn ʾdrbʿl”by the talented writer Sonya Taafle.
So I hope you enjoy these, and the other now-online stories and poems in the issue.
I am astounded (no, really) to announce that my story “Sabbath Wine,” which was published in the anthology Clockwork Phoenix 5, has been nominated for a 2016 Nebula Award. I’m even more honored by the quality of the other short stories that have been nominated; they include:
- “Our Talons Can Crush Galaxies”, Brooke Bolander (Uncanny)
- “Seasons of Glass and Iron”, Amal El-Mohtar (The Starlit Wood)
- “Things With Beards”, Sam J. Miller (Clarkesworld)
- “This Is Not a Wardrobe Door”, A. Merc Rustad (Fireside Magazine)
- “A Fist of Permutations in Lightning and Wildflowers”, Alyssa Wong (Tor.com)
- “Welcome to the Medical Clinic at the Interplanetary Relay Station│Hours Since the Last Patient Death: 0”, Caroline M. Yoachim (Lightspeed)
Congratulations to all the nominees — these and those in the other categories.
“Sabbath Wine,” was a real labor of love; I’m so glad that it has been enjoyed by those who read it.