I am astounded (no, really) to announce that my story “Sabbath Wine,” which was published in the anthology Clockwork Phoenix 5, has been nominated for a 2016 Nebula Award. I’m even more honored by the quality of the other short stories that have been nominated; they include:
- “Our Talons Can Crush Galaxies”, Brooke Bolander (Uncanny)
- “Seasons of Glass and Iron”, Amal El-Mohtar (The Starlit Wood)
- “Things With Beards”, Sam J. Miller (Clarkesworld)
- “This Is Not a Wardrobe Door”, A. Merc Rustad (Fireside Magazine)
- “A Fist of Permutations in Lightning and Wildflowers”, Alyssa Wong (Tor.com)
- “Welcome to the Medical Clinic at the Interplanetary Relay Station│Hours Since the Last Patient Death: 0”, Caroline M. Yoachim (Lightspeed)
Congratulations to all the nominees — these and those in the other categories.
“Sabbath Wine,” was a real labor of love; I’m so glad that it has been enjoyed by those who read it.